72nd Annual Meeting of
the Northeastern Section of the AUA
October 1 - 3, 2020
The Westin Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
Urologic abnormalities can present with a myriad of clinical symptoms and signs. Accurate differential diagnosis and disease management, which meets current standards of care, requires ongoing review of the presentations of various urologic abnormalities as well as the appropriate use of safe and cost-effective imaging modalities and various pharmacologic, minimally invasive, and operative management options. In addition, advancements in medical science and progress in management of various urologic diseases require basic and clinical research. Presentation and discussion of such peer-reviewed and Abstract Reviewer-selected summaries and results of investigations provide “cutting edge” updates for practicing clinicians and essential feedback to researchers on the practical applications and translation of their investigations to clinical practice.
At the conclusion of the 72nd Annual Meeting of the Northeastern Section of the AUA attendees will be able to:
- Describe how the political environment in both the USA and Canada impact access to and delivery of urologic care.
- Identify the factors that play into the treatment of asymptomatic urolithiasis.
- Explain the role of safety wires in the treatment of urolithiasis.
- Discuss the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of common complications from trans surgery.
- Assess the evidence regarding shockwave therapy for erectile dysfunction.
- Discuss the controversy of testosterone treatment in patients with prostate cancer.
- Identify the latest in organ sparing treatments for urothelial cancer.
- Discuss the latest evidence in upper tract urothelial cancer chemotherapy.
- Describe the latest options for the treatment of symptoms related to prostatic enlargement.
- Explain the current environment and potential future practices in robotic surgery.
- Apply the most recent pediatric urology guidelines.
- Discuss principle of fertility preservation in pediatric populations.
- Apply a basic approach to male factor infertility.
- Explore different treatments for stress incontinence.
- Discuss the debate surrounding the treatment of Stage I Seminoma.
- Identify the role of prostate MRI in the diagnosis of prostate cancer.
- Explore the use of PET scan in oligometastatic disease (prostate cancer).
- Discuss the positives and negatives of developing a social media profile as a clinician or scientist.
- Discuss which specialist is best positioned to manage castrate resistant prostate cancer.