Requirements for Active Membership are as follows:
- The possession of an unlimited license to practice medicine and surgery in the State, Province or Country of his/her practice.
- Residing within the geographic boundaries of the Section.
- Possession of an M.D. or D.O. degree (or United States Medical Licensure equivalent) and completion of an ACGME accredited urology residency or equivalent by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the Quebec Board of Urology or the certifying Board for Urology in the country where practicing within the geographical boundaries of the Section.
- Limitation of practice to the specialty of Urology.
- Certification by the American Board of Urology (ABU), the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPSC) of Canada, the Quebec Board of Urology, American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS) or the certifying Board of Urology in the country where practicing within the geographic boundaries of the AUA.
Requirements for Associate membership are the same as Active membership, except for Board Certification.
Advanced Practice Providers
Advanced Practice Provider Membership is available to physician assistants, or advanced practice registered nurses (e.g., NP, CNS, CRNA, CNM) specializing or concentrating in urology. Learn More
Residents enrolled in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited urology training program in the U.S. or Canada, and residents of Osteopathy enrolled in an AOA-approved urology residency training program are eligible for Candidate membership.
- Resident/Fellow members eligible for Fast Track Associate Status: Associate membership will be offered to all Resident/Fellow members who have passed the qualifying examination (Part I) of the American Board of Urology.
- Non-Members eligible for Associate Status: Associate Membership is available to non-member urologists who are practicing within the geographic boundaries of the Section but are not certified by the American Board of Urology.